Sunday, October 7, 2012

Highlight: Benji

Annnnnnnd life goes on. I know I promised more from my mega vacation but i'm waiting until I receive more pictures from a friend! So, til then, sit tight. I promise it will be worth it.

What I have recognized so far in the last month is that Benji is hilarious. We've had quite the few bonding moments starting with first, our bike ride to Niederscherli, the next town over. Benji wanted to try an experiement with this time, 7up and brown sugar. Our little store in the Mittelhausern village didn't sell this fine American pop. So, "Dianne! Let's ride our bikes to Niederscherli and get some at the Coop (like a mini walmart)" well... Did I really have a choice? So we embark on our journey with him jutting his little arm out every once in a while to signal to the drivers when we were turning either left or right. We found our soda and then the line is about 4 people too long for his patience scale. So what does he do? He cuts. "Benji!" And then he upsettedly explains to me why it's only logical that we go before the other people because we only have one item whereas they have much more. Luckily the people in line found it rather funny and agreed with him. Oh Benji.


Experience number #2: Gehen zum Zahnarzt in Bern. Benji had an appointment at the dentist so I was left in charge of taking him all the way into the city. And he was NOT happy. "Dianne will get lost! She doesn't know where it is!" After assuring him that I in fact, did know Bern pretty well, he still felt that he needed to make sure I wouldn't get us lost and held my hand the whole time. We made it to the dentist early and so then had 2 hours to kill afterwards in Bern. So, I suggested that we go to the Shooting museum! And that we did. After exploring a bit we came to the section where we could shoot an airsoft gun into a target. The lady was very nice and gave both of us legit "Bernese shooting Club" medals. After that Benji then had the wonderful idea of going up to the top of the Münster. However, we didn't make it up too far because we found out that he's scared of heights... Then we got him some gelato which he successfully managed to get all over his clothes before I had to see him off for his religion class. (Which he absolutely despises.)

Schuetzen Museum
Here is a video that we made together that he absolutely insisted we put on youtube... enjoy.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KL8ucPeEj7o



This kid really is a trip :)

No comments:

Post a Comment