Sunday, May 13, 2012

Hop Hop Hop!!

I'm alive!!! Tore up those 10 miles in the pouring rain and cold in 1:34... Not too bad considering the crazy uphill parts. Ouch! My legs are going to be feeling this for a couple of days. The Grand Prix is the most popular race in Switzerland and that was made evident by the 29,000 runners.

Before
I was most worried about getting trampled but they split us up into blocks and we started at different times... So I was fine seeing as I was in the 22nd block. It was a gorgeous run throughout Bern passing all of the famous landmarks, going down the small European alley ways, and trudging through a nature preserve park (despite the fact that it was filled with mud; actually made me feel like I was in 'Nam or something!) It was cool seeing all of the runners from africa finishing it in like a half an hour though. Seriously someone should give them a couple of cheese burgers, they were so skinny. Along the course there were bands playing all different types of music.

After. Notice the darker shade of my pullover...
Before the race started Ana (who came to cheer me on; "hop hop hop!" That's what they say over here...) and I just walked around Bern all day and then freaked out when we didn't know where to go for me to start..but then like a beacon of shining light I heard an english familiar to my hears amidst the crowd! So I basically pounced on this boy and found out he's from oregon. He's also an au pair and was very nice and toom me to all the places I needed to know.

Funny moment of the day: Ana and I were walking when all if a sudden my umbrella popped open onto this random stranger! Entschuldigung..

Highlight of the day: Being so stunned by this man's beauty that I ran into him... His actions went like so: "sorry"-smile-"guten lauf"-another beautiful smile. Ran for him that day.

Today, Sunday just strolled through Bern with Ana and had a picnic whilst overlooking the Aare.

Nice place to have a picnic wouldn't you say?





No comments:

Post a Comment